This course will review the historical Background of the Gospels, the message of the four Gospels, and the Life and ministry of Christ.
A historical, biographical, and exegetical study of the life and teaching of Jesus (during the last six months of his earthly ministry) as set forth in the four gospels.
Upon completion of this course, the student should:
- Know the major aspects of the life and teaching of Jesus.
- Be able to describe the chronology and geography of the life of Christ.
- Understand the basic content and the unique contribution of each gospel.
- Be able to discover the contemporary significance of issues raised in the study of the life of Jesus.
- Be able to recite from memory the seven “I am” statements recorded in John’s gospel.
- Be able write a brief explanation (exegesis) of a text from the gospels.
- Love to read the gospels as a source of spiritual nurture.
- Develop spiritually and morally by relating their lives to the life of Jesus.
A. Technical Requirements:
- Download and install a browser other than Microsoft Internet Explorer. We suggest Firefox or Google Chrome.
- The E-learning system performs better with Firefox or Google Chrome browsers.
B. Academic Requirements
- Lessons (25%): Complete the weekly lessons
- Assignments (35%): Complete the weekly assignments. Assignments are based on the textbook.
- Final exam (40%).
C. Grading Scale
A = 94-100 Excellent
B = 84 – 93 Above Average
C = 74 – 83 Average
D = 64 – 73 Below Average
F = 63 & Below Failure
Four Portraits, One Jesus: A Survey of Jesus and the Gospels
by Mark L. Strauss (Author)